Our Orangery designs incorporate pillars at the house wall, the front corners and at other intervals, this coupled with the very latest in energy efficient glazing makes this a very warm room in winter months. The glass used in the side glazing is Vista therm Elite glass supplied by Vista Therm in Nenagh. This glass has excellent insulating properties more than twice that of normal double glazing. Our Orangeries on display at Johntown Garden Centre are all glazed using this and are open everyday so clients can experience the warmth in the rooms.
In keeping with traditional we glaze all our orangeries with double glazed energy efficient glass. This is available with a grey or blue tint to reduce glare. All our orangery roofs have self cleaning glass as standard to ensure your room looks great no matter what the season. We have a grey tinted glass roof on our display orangery which is admired by many.
Orangery Planning Permission
There are a number of rules regarding planning permission for Orangeries in Ireland. To be exempt from planning permission the following rules must be complied with;
- The Orangery must be positioned to the rear of the property
- There must be no glass facing a neighbouring property within 1 metre of the boundary wall, so in many cases this involves replacing a glass wall with a solid wall.
- There must be 25 sqm of garden left after the orangery has been built.
- The Orangery must be less than 40 sqm measured internally or if other extensions have been added to the house the combined area must be less than 40sqm of all extensions
- The roof must not exceed 4m
- For further information on planning permission for orangeries please contact our design office on 045 844002
The Orangery Collection at Conservatory Designs is available in a full suite of colours with green and cream very popular at the moment. We offer white as standard but any other foiled colour is available at an additional cost. Feel free to drop into the showroom for further colour samples.